Hello every one,,
Before we even start, I need to tell you how much I missed you and how much I’m sorry for being away all that past time. But here I’m again with a whole new pack of informative articles that will definitely affect your lives and for sure push you forward. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to yourstepto.com
In today’s article, we’re going to discuss the term of “power fitness” and how we can apply it to serve the typical body fitness and general health.
As some of you know, the 1948 constitution of (WHO) ,The World Health Organization, defined health as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
So, fitness is the increased ability to meet the demands of a very difficult physical task.
One of the massive wrong thoughts in the sports world is that a sports man can get in the appropriate shape by just practicing his chosen sport. If you were acquiring a low level of performance, limited ability in executing limited skills ,,, then doing only your chosen sport will absolutely keep you there.
But ,,, If you are seeking the utmost efficiency, continuous improvement, and some increased physical abilities ,,, then ,,, you must put your body under a certain amount of stress ( some kind of a carefully calculated, overloading training protocol ).
The combination of fitness
Body fitness can be sorted to four basic components: flexibility, speed, stamina and strength. However, exercise specialists have classified nine elements that illustrate the definition of fitness…
• Strength – to increase the extent to which muscles can exert force by working against various levels of resistance (e.g. restraining or holding an object or a person)
• Local Muscle Endurance – which is a single muscle’s capability of performing sustained work (e.g. cycling)
• Flexibility – This means the ability to do wide extended range of motion without being impeded by the extra mass, i.e. muscle or fat.
• Power – which is, the capability of exerting maximum muscular contraction promptly in an explosive burst of movements. Strength and Speed are power’s two components. (e.g. a sprint start or jumping)
• Agility – the capability of performing a series of explosive power movements in a fast succession with opposing directions (e.g. cutting movements or Zigzag running)
• Strength Endurance – meaning the muscle’s ability to do a maximum contraction time after time after time.
• Balance – this is the capability of controlling your body’s position, either while moving (e.g. a gymnastics stunt) or stationary (e.g. a handstand).
• Cardiovascular Endurance – which means the heart’s capability to deliver the sufficient amount of blood to the working muscles, and the muscles’ ability to use that blood (e.g. long distances running)
• Co-ordination– the capability of combining the above listed components so that effective movements and body fitness are achieved.
There are two kinds of fitness that you should know about before choosing which fitness tips to go with
• Physical fitness which means the ability of a sports man to meet all the varied physical demands of his sport without going into a fatigued state. The components of that kind of fitness are:
Body composition, Flexibility, Endurance, Power (Speed and Strength).
• Motor fitness which means the ability of a sports man to perform successfully at his sport. And this kind also has its components:
Balance, Agility, Power (Speed and Strength), Reaction time and Co-ordination.
Thus, you should identify the suitable kind of fitness that you need in your sport and then go with some specific conditioning training methods, and pick the suitable fitness tips that will enhance your performance as well as your energy system.
Fitness experts say: whether it’s weight lifting, running, aerobics or swimming; the center of all exercise programs is the core (which is everything but legs, arms and head). The core the abdominal, back and muscles around the pelvis is the center of stability, agility and power.
To achieve the power or speed fitness you should add in some exercise routines to strengthen the core, those exercise routines are very helpful that they make the runner go faster, the basketball player jump higher and simply make it easily to do the everyday’s routine tasks.
The core training programs are very varied; you should choose the program that serves your own body conditions according to the kinds of sports or activities you do. In the next few articles we will discuss the types of fitness exercises in details so you can pick your own.
Don’t miss it, see you soon